testimony

Anyone out there drinking bad wine and listening to Rhye?  I am tonight.

Anyone out there forgot to cork the bottle last night?  I did.

Anyone out there only have two Rhye songs that they listen to on repeat?  I do.

Anyone out there walk through the rain today?

Drink countless mugs of tea?

Eat a brussel sprout with relish and slurp

seven sexy udon noodles?


















Anyone out there about to light a candle to shut out gathering gloom?



















Tonight is there anyone who can testify?

Anyone who can be a witness to love laughter and the pursuit of meaning in minute, hour, day?

Somebody step up here and say a word.

A big word.  A bubbling word.  A word that sparkles and rattles and ka-POWs.

Anybody out there tonight?

Comments

Amy Phillips said…
I'm out here, but I can't say Amen. It's been a long week. And probably the right time to hear your testimony: thanks.
Anonymous said…
Well, honesty is an a-men of sorts. And it's good you're out there. Hope you get some rest soon. I read your most recent post about diabetes. . .can't imagine how those worries make the week so long sometimes.

Just a note: Merry said yesterday, You know some women box? And we could say, "It's true! We know one!"

Any news on your book? I'm also in a holding pattern. . blah. One yearns for the excitement of total commitment and enthusiasm of a publisher!

Kim
Amy Phillips said…
Hey Kim, Yes, the diabetes stuff only got worse after I posted that! But not Theo's health, just in dealing with other people. Sigh.

Joyce Carol Oates wrote an essay on boxing, and when she gets to women, she calls us something like "monstrous." I hereby withdraw my enjoyment of her novels!

4 rejections. We're thinking of self-publishing, because there's a ready and anxious audience of Kevin's friends (and mine, I'd hope). Which book are you trying to sell?
Anonymous said…
That Ivar's mask is hideous. It looks like a gas mask. Does it say "Liver" underneath?

Here's to absurdity. How could we truly enjoy life without it?

Can I get an Amen?

That's all.

Heather
Amy, Don't give up yet! Five rejections is nothing. Tiring, yes, but just part of the publishing magic. Or anti-magic. However, if you do choose to self-publish, you can sign me up for a copy!

I have a novel for young readers that I've been working on for years, off and on, waiting in the wings. Once again, will it be rejected? A publisher is looking at it. . .my hopes are not high. I think I will be back to the drawing board again. But I am fairly resigned to that and to the fact that my characters deserve a broader read. . .just need to find the right package. Alas, that seems to be what much of publishing is these days: the right package, the right sell. Bah.

Popular Posts