HELLO

 March began with truly dear friends visiting us from Pennsylvania. . .lovely Sal, Bea's best buddy, Will, and beautiful Michelle.  The month progressed in a flurry and ended with a crescendo at Easter.  I have also been trying to wrap up a novel and Martin has been applying to various jobs.  I say this because. . . .
My girls and me at Bloedel Reserve, a few days before Bea turned 5 and I turned. . .well, thirty years older than that.  All photos, courtesy of Lindsay Joss-Iudicello and her ravishing I-Phone.
 Now I cannot edit that last bit (which is now not underlined in the published version but is underlined and completely untouchable now)!  I am well and truly rusty.  I would have corrected the wacky pronouns in the last sentence and the oft-mispelled word (can you find which one it is?:) but fate is against me.  Moving on, though: here you see how we spent Easter.  After the service we scrapped a formal dinner and packed up food and took it to Fey Bainbridge State Park, where the adults took turns paddling the kayak out through the waves and walked along the beach through warming tidal pools.  Mama watched the kids play for hours in the sand and driftwood.  It was a magical Easter.  Here you see Beatrix taking a turn in a calm tidal pool, and Charley, whom Martin was trying to convince to become a water dog, seeking dry ground wherever he could find it.
 Our dear friends of over a decade, the Joss-Iudicellos, spent a blissful week with us.  Here I am with sweet little Bertie, walking into the Japanese garden at Bloedel Reserve.  The rain just made the colors glow more intensely and we wandered through the deep greens of the forest there, studded with wildly bright rhodies, fragrant trees, and spring ephemerals.
We spent many hours down at the water, here in downtown Poulsbo, just a short walk from our house.  On this particular evening we ended a turning-over-rocks-and-finding-eels-and-crabs session with fish and chips as we stared out at the water and boats.  A wonderful, wonderful day.
 
And now I've broken the silence.

Comments

Country Girl said…
I pictured you stuck by the kitchen sink, barely squeaking out "Oil Can!" through your rusted jaws!
Good to hear from you again!
Tonight it was me at the sink barely squeaking out 'RED WINE" through my clenched jaws.

Oh, I'm so back.
Country Girl said…
Wait...isn't that normal? I do it every night!
Unknown said…
I've missed your voice! I imagined you busy with words starting to sprout from your head like springy curls of newsprint. I would say "Hope all is well," but your pictures show that it is. Please give me more to read, soon!
nataliejane said…
This all just makes me feel really happy. You're life is so encouraging.

Popular Posts