Join me as I procrastinate

Cold, Clear Crescent Lake
 I was surprised to find myself sunburned at the end of the day today.  In my books, summer was over and so I've been (unfortunately) acting accordingly.  But tomorrow will bring 90 degrees and I'll bet I won't feel like simmering plums into jam.  My preserving efforts took an abrupt stop when the weather turned summery again.  We've been riding bikes back and forth to school and this morning I spent hours outside walking--wonderful!--followed by yet more bike riding this afternoon and then soccer practice.  The kids fell asleep almost as soon as they laid their cheeks on their pillows.

I actually had plans for myself tonight, that included work of different kinds.  But I've been procrastinating, as you can see.  Martin took off to Seattle to see Natalie, our dear once-student friend be baptized, and then he topped off the evening with some sort of rock concert, though I've no clue what artist it is.  He won't be home until late.  Therefore I drank a glass of wine tonight without him, sucking it down despite the funny texture (I thought maybe it was deposits of some kind--and it was).  I finally fished a bit of something out of my mouth and realized I'd been swallowed unknown quantities of fruit flies.  Lesson:  recork the bottle immediately.

Please enjoy these vestiges of summer (after all, it feels that way)!
Hurricane Ridge

Up the very foggy trail at Hurricane Ridge

Bea & her cousin Jacob at Crescent Lake Lodge

Heather, Martin and Charley on the ferry

the girlies at Merimere Falls

Comments

Country Girl said…
We like to get our serving of insects in anyway we can - fruit flies in wine, slugs in salad...
P.S. Will try the tofu recipe before I give up completely!
Sally said…
Those fruit flies are driving me crazy also. Last evening two flew straight into my mouth. Grrrrrr. At least the wine made you care less about it all. Great pictures! Looks beautiful.

Popular Posts