My little brother is in the hospital.  Isn't that strange?  I can't get it into my head.  My little brother is in the hospital, getting fluid drained off his heart and lungs.  He's thirty years old and he almost died today.  I can't seem to comprehend it.

I lay next to Bea tonight as she struggled to go to sleep, and listened to her heart beat, rapid and sure, and I thought of my parents, who rushed to the ER tonight to see their youngest son there.  How scary that trip must have been for them.

My sister sent this e-mail out to our church, so I just cut and pasted it here, since it's concise:

A quick prayer request for Kenton, who is Kim and my brother (he just got married this June, and lives in Seattle with his wife, Leah).  He was admitted to Virginia Mason Hospital tonight with acute viral myocarditis - acute enough to cause atrial fibrillation and congestive heart failure.  He was having trouble breathing and his heart was racing irregularly.  He's feeling a little better with the meds they're giving him, and he'll be evaluated by a cardiac team tomorrow.  It's pretty scary news for all of us.  Kim and Martin and I plan to go see him tomorrow.

Needless to say, I'd love it if you would please send prayers and thoughts his way.

Comments

Sally said…
Thinking of you all and keeping Kenton in our prayers.
Country Girl said…
So glad to hear that things are stable. Thinking of you'ns.
T

Popular Posts