The Three Graces

The Three Graces, by Christen Mattix
Just look what we unwrapped in the mail!  Isn't it beautiful?

A couple months ago, I commissioned my good artist friend, Christen Mattix, with a painting.  Please paint my three girls, I said.  Don't make them look exactly like them, but put enough clues in the painting that they're able to identify themselves.  And please make sure that they're very clearly in the Northwest, so that this painting will become a real treasure for our family over the years.

I was so excited to open it this morning--a glorious framed watercolor with sharp lines and bright colors.  At once the girls knew who they were.  There's Merry on the prow, always looking ahead, always full of the responsibility of her own life, sisters, and future (but I love the humming bird on the spy glass, indicative of her own grace and joy).  And there's Elspeth, the dreamer, with her long blond hair and wild colors, always finding something new and exciting in the world; and there's Bea, quintessential Bea, who gathers up life around her and nurtures it, including our dog Charley; and there's a hint of her quirky sense of humor--the seagull perched atop her little head.

Love, love, love it.

You can find two prints of this beautiful painting--along with other fanciful watercolors--at Christen's Etsy site.  Or commission your own painting--at an unbelievable rate (150.-250. for this size, depending on what you want)--at her site.  It's a really unique chance to work with a fabulous artist and glean something lasting--and oh, so, delightful!

Comments

Anonymous said…
amazing.
-kara
Country Girl said…
I saw the picture, and before I read your comments, I knew it was your girls. How precious!
T

Popular Posts