THIRTEEN YEAR OLD AT LOCAL WA HOUSE KNOWS EVERYTHING


On November 19, 2014, it was confirmed that a local 13-year old residing at a single-family residence knows everything.


"For a while, we weren't sure that our daughter really knew everything," said Kim Cockroft, who was cradling her head in her hands at the time of the interview.  "We knew she knew a lot.  She sure knows more math than me!  But now we're sure.  Absolutely sure.  She's only thirteen, but she knows everything.  About anything."


"In one way, it's a huge relief," Martin Cockroft II said, high-fiving his oldest daughter, M.C..  "We won't have to argue with her anymore.  No more groundings!  It's no wonder she rolls her eyes at us.  All this time, she's known everything, and we've known--"  (he laughs)-- "Next to nothing!"


Expert M. Ellony, who is also thirteen and knows everything, explains, "It's a funny phenomenon that occurs around 12 or 13, and continues through the duration of high school and sometimes even into young adulthood."  She raises her fingers to illustrate, pretending she is flicking on a light.  "It's like, Wow, once we were just kids, and suddenly, we know everything.  It's a real burden, you know."


She continues to explain the dark side of knowing everything: "You have to live with old people who don't understand that you know everything.  They're like, whatever.  But you know what?  I'm like, whatever back, old people.  I know everything and I'm young and I don't have stretch marks or hairs growing out my chin."


"We know it will be difficult for her to live in our house with us now that she knows everything," Kim Cockroft said.  "But we're happy to finance what is, in many ways, a miracle.  Kids are always saying they know things, but in my daughter's case, she really does.  I love how she corrects me.  Like, if I say, "Today the sky is blue," she'll say, "No, it's not."  And then I think, Of course she's right.  Because she knows everything.  It's such a great thing.  I love having someone to show me the way."


M. C. points out that life is a lot easier now that her parents understand.  "I've gotten out of stupid stuff like laundry and emptying the dishwasher," she says.  "I just sit around and tell them what's what.  It's awesome."


Martin Cockroft smiles and pats his daughter's back.  "We're just so proud of her," he says.  "She's showing us the way: don't sweat the small stuff.  Don't tell her what to do.  She'll take care of everything."


M.C. agrees that the future looks bright.

Comments

amber said…
Amazing news! I had to share it with my friends on facebook. They will be so happy for you all!
Country Girl said…
Congrats to MC! I think J is getting close, but is not quite there yet!
T

Popular Posts