Visualize it, Name it and Claim it

A recent convo between Merry and her father:


"In Advisory Period, Mr. P. doesn't let us read like the other teachers do."  (long sigh, rolled eyes)  "He thinks he's really supposed to advise us.  So he tells us things that he thinks will make our lives better.  He told us all about visualization. At first I thought it was a load of crap but now I think it might make some sense.  Like, when I went to the soccer banquet with you, I visualized myself winning the door prize.  And I did."


(The door prize was a growler of super local beer.  She will not be able to drink it but her parents will enjoy not just that growler, but the one a month that will come for a whole year.  Yeah, baby.)


"And then, when Mr. P. did our reseating charts, I visualized that I would be sitting next to Cody."


(Cody is Merry's frienimy.  Teachers have sat Merry, who is quiet and terrified of doing wrong, next to Cody, who is full 'o energy and outlaw tendencies, for years)


"And I was.  I also visualized I'd be sitting next to Samuel--"


(Samuel is Merry's good, sweet friend)


"And I was.  So it really works."


+


Martin and I have decided to try Merry's take on visualization.  I am visualizing myself getting a book published and Martin is visualizing his perfect, tailored job.


Also, I am visualizing myself eating a slice of really good chocolate cake.  And drinking that growler of beer that my well-advised daughter scored.

Comments

Country Girl said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts