Got my feet up on the hearth.  Charley's curled up in his bed next to me.  Candles flicker in the gloom and my laptop glows.  Back when I was chasing kids around the house, wiping bottoms and eating macaroni and cheese leftovers out of the pot, if you'd told me I could have a life like this, I would have thought you were joshin' me. . .

Hump day's over and tomorrow, friends, is Friday, and the start of a three-day weekend.  I may even get to see my husband more than the daily flash of facial hair that hovers over me in the wee hours of the morning when I open my eyes for a minute to bid the man goodbye and good day. . . .

Seahawks play on Sunday.  Not much of a football fan but I like a good game and Seattle's enthusiasm is catching. . .

On my last chapter of the rough draft of my book. . . .

Comments

Country Girl said…
Hooray for a break mid-January! We already lost our 3 day weekend due to snow days-boo.
xoxo

Popular Posts