Today I am feeling sustained by three good hours of writing and editing this morning and my three girls and their sweet friends this afternoon.  Also, I am reading two good books--one a series of interviews about Madeleine L'Engle and the other, C.S. Lewis' A Horse and His Boy, which I've read many times before.  Last night I listened to part of a series by Parker Palmer and that was nurturing, too.

The longer I work from home, spending hours by myself writing, the more I feel the need for watering, for the challenge of my mind and soul.  Some days I'm lazy and uninspired; others are so full of people and service to people that I feel emptied and beleaguered at the end of the day.  But on other days, I feel so full of the bendiciones of scholars and writers and thinkers that all I want to do is write and discuss with others and be alone to think.
mural by Natalii Rak, in Poland
Currently three girls are reading over my shoulder, so my time here is over.  Time to water some children.  And a dog.
mural by José Fernández, in Spain

Comments

Country Girl said…
I LOVE those murals, they are so fun!
T

Popular Posts