Did not make it to the library yesterday, but worked from home.  I did exit the house yesterday afternoon with some lovely ladies, including my oldest daughter, to visit the marvelous historical Lynwood Theatre in Bainbridge to watch "Lady in the Van," a thought-provoking, critically acclaimed movie starring the incomparable Maggie Smith.  Highly recommended!
The Lady In The Van

But with all the pizza-munching and cider guzzling at the nearby Treehouse Cafe, I had no quiet work day at the library. Today I may be luckier.  Speaking of LUCK. . .
Leprechaun
http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/leprechaun-e1394928004294.jpg
Will Bea catch a leprechaun in 
her cunning trap this year?  
(Of course the other headline is: 
Will the kids eat the corn beef/potatoes/cabbage boiled in Guinness this year?  
I'm not holding my breath.)
She was late to school this morning because she was transforming a box into a trap, complete with a green door and a Milky Way stuck in most of the contents of our honey bear.  Perforated through the top of the box, a flashlight beam lights the way to the booty.  She added a faux diamond bracelet for good measure, sure to lure the greedy little man to his doom.  She says if she catches him she'll make him grant three wishes; we hope mainly for a treasure trove of chocolate coins shaken from his pockets during his desperate escape.

And when I dropped her off this morning, she was quite worried at my running/walking attire, which had not a patch of green anywhere: "You'd better be careful," she said, "You'll get pinched by a leprechaun."  

"I'll run," I assured her.

"Oh, leprechauns run really fast," she warned.  "Be careful!"

You chuckle, perhaps, but if William Butler Yeats believed in the greedy little fellows, who are you to doubt?  Keep your eyes peeled for rainbows, gold, and little green men.

Comments

Popular Posts