For the last two days, I've been experiencing bitter pangs and spontaneous complaining.  And it's all the fault of Spring-Forward.  Spring-Forward!--it sounds as if it should be something really wonderful and energetic, like a perky yellow bunny bounding through a bright green field with starlings singing in a brilliant blue sky. . .but really it means, during a rainy spring when all you want to do is wrap up in something warm and dry, you have to go to bed earlier (blech) and get up earlier (double-blech).

This morning after we'd risen from our cozy beds, Martin pointed out that the whole reason for Spring Forward is to get an extra hour of daylight in the evening  (knowing the facts does not equal acceptance, as he should know after living with me for almost twenty years).  I replied that I'd happily forgo it (besides, the kids think they should stay up later) for an extra hour of sleep and a brighter morning.

Spring Forward.  You mean, Draaag Forward.

Because some days you just don't want to get up.

Comments

kara said…
I am with you. I dread springing forward- it always feels that it takes me weeks to recover.

Popular Posts