Monday Morning Confession

This morning I feel scattered and foggy--perhaps it's the third day of rain after a run of sun, or maybe it's my headache, or maybe it's because we began a wonderfully satisfying project together and had to pause again for the week.  Or maybe, as momma said, they'll be days like this.  On my walk I ranted for a while incoherently but now, even through the fog, I have two words: courage and dignity.  Live your day with these two things.


In this cottoned morning,
when everything,
even the fog-cloaked mountains,
hid clarity from me,
and I heard birds
but did not know their names

I remembered one thing:
Go out into this morning
and claim what is yours.
Towel mud from the dog,
boil kettle for tea,
do all that you must.

Comments

Country Girl said…
Your robin mug is so sweet! This is my bird mug: http://poplaridge.blogspot.com/2014/09/january.html
Bird mugs are the best! A robin is a bird I actually recognize 😊. Love robins!

Popular Posts