From my little office downstairs, I can see the limbs of the cherry tree, the edge of the badminton net, and the bird feeders--behind, all blue today.  A lacecap hydrangea obscures half my window.  Behind me, the washer hums and the drier thunks away.  It is a cozy office, shared with the laundry room, but it is my space and I have been trying to keep it clear of sock oceans and towel mountains.  Someday perhaps I will have the office of my dreams--but who is to say that this is not actually it?  I have a window, I have the sky, I have a desk.

I hope to put these in a binder but meanwhile they sit on my desk, making me happy!

I remember one of my first home offices, in a narrow, gloomy closet in our wee apartment on the side of Martin's parents' barn.  No view, no air circulation, but it was mine, and while Martin's mom took Merry a few mornings a week, I wrote like mad.  As long as my fingers aren't so cold I can't move them, I am good to go.





Poor Martin is home today with some kind of evil stomach bacteria; he's moved out to the hammock under the cherry tree, where he fell asleep in the sun.  Though it's horrid to host bacteria, at least he has a beautiful day in which to sleep and recover: a completely clear, blue sky, a playful, sweet autumn breeze.
Lots of flowers from the garden--and we finished the kitchen!

Okay, so I think it's time for a few summer memories--the obligatory handful of photos that gives reason to my long blogging absence.  I am longing to share England with you, and I will--hopefully with excerpts from my journal.  But I have to organize myself a bit first, and you know what that's like.
Endless beach time, here with Martin's family

Camp for all kiddos!  Horseback riding, swimming, sunburns.

Forts in the shed, complete with lanterns (it is a mercy they didn't burn it down)


Amazing Olympic Peninsula, at our favorite place, Lake Crescent


Loads of gardening and cousins

Camping

A week in BC, Canada, where we kayaked Desolation Sound for a whole day, enjoyed a dinner cruise (our captain fed a bald eagle!),  & swam. Charley's little paws got tired of the stony beach so he had to be carried!




Comments

Popular Posts