For Single Moms on Mother's Day

This day may you feel your vitality.
May you know that you are both water and sunlight;
may you sense the strength of your life
and the power of your hope.

May your thoughts be nurtured richly.
May your intellect be met with respect
and the work of your mind celebrated.

This hour may you drink deeply.
May you lie down in soft grass
under trees that know you.

May those who love you gather
like birds at your hands
and may the sound of wings
give you joy.

May you trust the rootedness of your good life.
May you feel your vitality;
may you know you are both water and sunlight.




For you amazing single moms out there:  I am humbled by your dedication to your children and the incredible work you do every day to make the world a better place.  May your days overflow with goodness.
Photo by Ken Cockroft

Comments

Christen said…
Wow, Kim, I LOVE the fresh, new look of your blog. It sparkles! What a gift this blog is to the world! Some day I hope you will publish a book of your gorgeous photographs paired with poems.
Christen, Thank you! I am so glad you like it--you are such an encouragement to me, as person and as an artist. I can hardly wait to see your new book in October! What are you calling it? I want to promote it!

Popular Posts