Today I flew over to Heather's (with Bea in the trailer bouncing along behind me) and filled my bike basket with my brother-in-law's gorgeous flowers. . .bright pink zinnias with orange centers, roses the color of orange sherbet, fuschia agastache, long-stemmed lavender, and bright Black-eyed Susans. . .when I reached home Martin stood in the garage doorway and said, "Flowers in your bike basket!  You couldn't ask for anything more than that, could you?"

"No," I said, and as he disappeared back to the recesses of the garage and the under-carriage of the car, I added:  "Go get the camera and take a photo. . . ."

But he was already bent over some wrinkled instructions, wrench in hand, trying to figure out how to attach the bike trailer to the Subaru.

So you'll just have to imagine how pretty they were.  Beatrix and I arranged them in bouquets and filled the house and I feel rich every time I turn a corner and see another full vase.  Happy weekend, all!

Comments

Amy Phillips said…
Why can't I "follow" this new blog?

And if there's a post listing out where you are and what you're doing and why, help point me to it! I miss you guys and wish you the best.
Amy,
I think I've ironed out the Follower thing--let me know, please, if it still doesn't work (there's a link on the right now). There are bits and pieces in Notes from Wazoo about why we moved, but I have yet to officially describe this place and really start this blog. But we're in Poulsbo, Washington, to be near family, to write, to love ourselves some northwest. It really is gorgeous here. Also, we're looking for a way to stay here in this lovely place. We've got a year of sabbatical and after that. . .who knows? Hopefully a good job. After a computer hiatus (bar finding a house to rent, etc.), I'm looking forward to following your life again via your blog. xoxoxox
Uncle Dino said…
Great to see you back at your writing! (to your writing, with your writing? It matters not, good to have you back, dear Niece!)
Amy Phillips said…
It worked! I'm your first follower, Oh Great Writing One. I am glad to hear there's a year of sabbatical--I trust paid--and that you can be in a lovely place with family. I'll keep reading.
Uncle, So glad to see your comment on my blog! I hope this means that you are well and happy today. We've been thinking of you, of course.

Amy, yahoo! My first follower. You're so welcome!

Popular Posts