Arg.  Can't do it.  Can't do it!  I am too tired.  How many mess-ups does a person get?  No twenty minutes on the novel, though I think I've spent hours writing other things today (just excuses!).  My fellow twenty-minuters, this woman is failing tonight.  I'm going to watch TV and then I will go to bed and fall fast asleep.  Tomorrow, tomorrow I will write my novel for forty minutes, by hook or by crook.  How many 'grace-nights' do we get?  See, I just broke the rules and I'm looking for loopholes.   May this be a Lenten lesson to all of us.  At 10:13, TV, a bowl of clementines, and a hot cup of Sleepytime tempt my flesh to laziness.  I am Dr. Faustus and the devil stares at me with a giant, rectagular black eye, an  eye in which I long to see pretty moving pictures!!!  I cannot turn and flee.  Arg.

Comments

Popular Posts