So it's dark and Martin is off on a walk in the rain and I've been listening to Rhye (again) and sweeping a floor that really needs to be picked up first.  Well, I'm not sweeping at just this moment, and that's pretty much the point.  After a rather noisy house this afternoon, all the girls are keeping themselves busy (not doing their homework but I'll deal with that later).  I'm in a Notwist sort of mood--or in the spirits for his more mellow songs. . .speaking of which, here's the original of one of my favorites.  The group is German and so the lyrics benefit from English not being their first language--they're sort of fabulous and fresh and sparse.  And here's Martin's and my cover, recorded in one take about a year ago.  (Just scroll down until you see the link). 

Martin and I shared one rather goofy but amazing ferry ride late one night; we took Notwist in our mp3 player out on the deck, each took an earbud, and stood there together looking into the white churn, the dark expanse of water.  Magical.

Garage door opening.  Martin's back, the night is gathering--dark blue skies deepening to black--and it's time to resume the evening.  See you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts