two wee valentine's day poems for kids



This is our workplace these days.  Earphones.  Lots of dishes broken as everything, from dinner to homework to crafts to writing, takes place here on this small oak table.  I made few Valentines this year but I did make two for a couple of ill kids in our community.  And since I didn't have any cool stickers or anything--even my glue stick was, unbeknownst to me, gutted--I wrote a couple silly poems.  Anyone else have a cute Valentine's Day poem?  Add it!

If all of the rain
Were jelly beans
And all of the clouds whipped cream
Every day would be sundae day
And no one would ever be mean.

                     ~

One  day a cricket fell in love
And he began to croon:
O pretty grasshopper, hop this way
Come sing ‘neath this yellow moon.
But she had other hops to hop
And left with a careless bound;
And that’s why cricket still sings by night
And grasshopper makes no sound.

Comments

Popular Posts