Walks to and from

On the way to school this morning, Elspeth said, "My nose is running."

"Hmm.  I don't have any tissue, honey.  Just sniff."

"I can't.  My nose hurts."

"Well, you can't just walk around with snot on your face.  Are you sure you don't have any tissues in your backpack?"

Thoughtful silence ensued.

"I've got two bottle caps."

That just struck my funny bone and we both giggled as walked on down the path together toward school.

*

On the way back from school--a beautiful afternoon in the 60's--Elspeth planned a garage sale.  She catalogued the items she'd like to sell--her kitty clock, Bea's and Pink Bear's clothes.

"Are you sure you want to sell your kitty clock?"  I asked.  "It's not broken.  It just needs a new battery."

"Yeah," Elspeth said.  "I'm too old for it now."

"I'll sell my head!"  Bea sang out from behind me.  She swaggered along in her pink-heart dress and black shiny shoes.  "I'm tired of it."

*
The walk to school, the walk back.  Two of my favorite times in each day.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh, I'm chuckling! Lucky you to walk to school with these two comedians each day.

Popular Posts