I have three minutes to share this with you.  As I read the account of this delightful art installment by my extraordinary friend and artist, Christen Mattix, I laughed out loud out of sheer wonder and happiness.  Christen is knitting a long blue line from her neighborhood in Bellingham down to the sea.  As I read, Bea kept up a constant monologue:  I'm hungry, Mommy.  Can I have something to eat and drink?  Why are you on your computer?  Blah, blah, blah.

Arg.  Summertime.  The kids have worn me down to a raw nub of a person.  All I want to do is to find my friend Christen, sitting on a park bench somewhere in Bellingham, knitting her blue line, and connecting not only her own soul with the infinite but fusing herself with strangers and neighbors and anyone who stops to wonder what in the world she is doing.  Read her ongoing story here: Christen Mattix--it's the best read I've had in a long time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is absolutely lovely and inspiring.
-kara

Popular Posts