kale, life, and a sentence challenge!

Last night, I dreamed that Martin had returned from Central Market with huge, beautiful bunches of kale, ruffling and deep green, edged with ruby-red, a small forest of kale.  I began plotting what to do with all this bounty: soups, sautes, warmed salads, potatoes and sausage. . .then I awakened this morning to the realization that I have only one small bunch of kale in the refrigerator, and that was both a relief and a disappointment.

I wonder if there's some life illustration in all of it?

*
Then I viewed Merry's homework in passing, still up on a window in my computer:

 1. She is fed up of the math, stumped as a rat, still she finished her math homework, and jumped for joy.
2. She is jealous of the girl, sour as a lemon, still she held back her anger, but she failed.
3. He is embarrassed of his parents, scared as a mouse, still he made no comment, and he lived through
it.

We do need to work on punctuation, but I love the absurdity of the similes (forced by her teacher's instructions) and delightful rhythm of the sentences.

After dreaming of kale, swooning as a drunk rabbit, I woke up, found one small bunch, and sighed in relief and resignation.

Now make your own.  Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts