We are taking a ride on the Pineapple Express.
We're Going to Fly Four Planes Straight into the Pineapple Express
What the Pineapple Express looks like. . .gizmodo.com
(This news in from the Weather Service).

You know that sounds so nice.  Aboard The Pineapple Express, I'm sitting on a mountain of mangoes in an open train car in a bright, flower-print sundress, head thrown back to the full blast on the sun.  Of course I'm drinking pina collada out of a dreadnut.*  Parrots perch in palm trees against a royal blue sky.  On the horizon, the glint of water and white foam of waves breaking.  In the next car, there's a full metal-drum band playing some fabulous calypso music.

Or Bob Marley.  No, woman, no cry.  Baby, don't worry about a thing.  Cause you know every little thing's gonna be alright.

Now, let me tell you rastas what The Pineapple Express actually means.

Driving, windy, nasty, wet, warmish RAIN.  RAIN.  RAIN.

I had to resort to wearing my oh-so-sexy rain pants this morning. Charley in his bright red raincoat accompanied me on my walk, pulling back on the leash as if he wanted me to take him back to summer, to sun, to a different world where grey skies only happen in dreams.  No, brotha.  We livin in the Northwest.  Ridin the Pineapple Express, no less.  Dat wicked, nuh?*


*Dreadnut means coconut.  For this I read a long, long list of Rastafarian sayings, which only confirmed to me despite legalization of the green leaf, we pale, private, quiet, coffee-sipping Northwesteners are truly NOT riding any groovy Pineapple Express.

Comments

Popular Posts