It's been quite a long time since I last posted, and as usual I have no excuses but to cite intense busyness.  This is the first day I've sat down in leisure to my computer since before the school year ended.  Elspeth and Merry are at summer camp (see Elspeth and her cousin Anna, above, at Cascades Camp, with Mt. Ranier in the background.  They'll stay in a boxcar and enjoy horseback riding, canoeing, and fun, fun, fun, as will Merry and her dear friend Molly along with her cousin Josiah and other kids we know here).

Beatrix is busy at summer school this morning and then swim camp in the afternoon, and after having 12 people in the house for over two weeks (plus a little white dog), I hardly know what to do with myself.

Actually, that's not true at all.  I know exactly what to do with myself: I must edit a book this week.  It's my week to edit Maple and make it as perfect as I can.  Since I've had a break from writing lately, I feel a bit clunky and nervous about immersing myself in words and plot and character again.  I have been reading--Dovey Coe, for example, a fine, well-written upper-middle grade book by Frances O'Roark Dowell.  It's a great summer read for you or your kids and I highly recommend it.

The best way, of course, is not to test the water first but to plunge in.  And so I will.  Wish me luck.


Comments

Amy Phillips said…
Kim! Email me. I can't seem to catch you.

Popular Posts