Spring, Spokane, Garden, and Writing

Well, it's nigh May and I've dropped off the blogosphere of late, though I have been busy on my facebook and instagram accounts. . .yes, I know, the confirmed and proud pseudo-luddite has swallowed her pride.  It all came about when a dear friend gifted me with her old-but-still-new I-phone.  Siri has romanced me, as well as the many apps, including instant maps and direction that will helpfully give me back the months of time I've spent wandering roads and paths and hotels and cities, lost and confused.
These darling blue beauties popped through a crack in our sidewalk

and this tulip grew right up through our boxwood!

Merry spent part of spring break sunning herself and reading in the garden.  And then the hundreds of tulips I planted started blooming!  It was an unparalleled week as far as weather goes.

And then the lilacs bloomed and we had to have tea outside!  What a week!

The living room is outfitted for spring, too.

Martin built a gorgeous, huge raised bed for our veggies.  Carrots, beets, peas, and beans--planted!  Near the end of the week, we even made it to the beach a few times!
Bea runs at low tide at Fay Bainbridge Park (with sweet friend Fia).
the cousins building a driftwood fort

pebble love notes

the sailboats came out!














Then Martin had a conference in Spokane, so I went along to enjoy the swanky hotel and to meet my dear friend and writing companion, Lindsay Joss-Iudicello, for some writing discussion, editing, idea-generating, and tea-drinking.
super swanky Davenport Grand in downtown Spokane
Cocktails for the Cockrofts--with Erica & Lindsay


Lots of writing at Atticus, our favorite Spokane haunt

Waving in good fortune and good books (with the cats) in front of Sushi.com.

Ramen at Nudo's



Summer is just around the corner!










Comments

Popular Posts