Off to England tomorrow! I am excited to share photos and stories when we return home two weeks from now. I am going equipped with a new journal, a fine pen, and a good pair of walking shoes.  I expect to drink my weight in excellent tea!

 School finishes today – I am sitting here in the parking lot, waiting for my oldest to come out of the double doors after her last day of middle school. Last night, we sat around the dinner table and reminisced about the year and what we had learned. It turns out that cumulatively we learned a lot,  from quadratic equations to fractions to learning how to read fluently to being more patient to learning how to be a better friend. It has been a wonderful year.

And now summer awaits… I always find this so hard to believe, that in what seems like such a short time, the year is over and my kids are yet one year older.  I suppose Martin and I are older, too, though that doesn't seem as significant somehow, nor as exciting!

 I'm sorry for my long absence lately – I have been busy busy with many things, including the overhaul of our kitchen. Here are some photos to prove that I have not been watching soap operas instead of writing:

Scraping the popcorn ceilings...

Lots of new bright paint...

And new light fixtures...


After  endless sanding and gallons of white paint, white paint, and more white paint! 

And right at the end, our cherry tree produced gallons and gallons of cherries! Here, my friend Jess pics yet another bucket full.

Josiah was a champion picker!


Summer, summer, here we come!!

Comments

Popular Posts